Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Restart derailed

Well I was warming up for a restart and continuation on the Dark Stars ATU, but I've been derailed by a head on collision with the board trolls and incompetent staff at the coti forums.  My first forum ban ever! 

If, or perhaps better when, I resume working on this project, I believe it best to move away from the Traveller baggage to another game system.  Perhaps finding or even creating a community a bit more favorable to the Dark Stars idea.

Anyhow, Happy New Years everyone!

2 comments:

  1. What? Forum ban is a bit sukky.

    Would be a shame if you ditched Traveller because of a bad experience with a bunch of people who talk more than they play.

    I boycotted COTI for about four years after a troll attack. Didn't stop me working on my campaign and having fun, and reduced my stress levels because I didn't have to justify my game to a bunch of jerks.

    Hope you keep working on your game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your interest and support.

      There is no doubt I could've handled the entire incident with more diplomacy but, I've been sick lately and putting up with the unprofessional conduct of the COTI staff along with the blatant trolling was just more than I could pull off. In all honesty it did put me off against at least that portion of the Traveller community and precipitate a reevaluation of why I'm using Traveller as a basis for such an extreme divergence.

      I'll no doubt get back to Dark Stars before much longer, but I am seriously looking for alternatives to using Traveller. Not that I expect to find any at this point though.

      Delete